Expecting Excellence and Innovation, Honoring Legacy and Embracing Partnerships
Expecting Excellence and Integrity from all, developing Innovative students, strengthened through Partnershipswith parents and the community.
· Challenging expectations in a supportive environment increase individual student performance.
· All children are unique individuals who learn in different manners and possess the ability to be successful.
· Successful students are the result of a united effort between parents, community, and school.
· In instilling respect, integrity, character, and healthy lifestyles in all students.
· In honoring past legacy, while embracing innovation and change to prepare for the future.
The Pittsville School District is a small rural school district located in the geographical center of the state of Wisconsin, at the intersections of state highways 80 and 73. It is on relatively flat terrain in what used to be glacial Lake Wisconsin ( a remnant of the ancient melting glaciers). Approximately 860 people live in Pittsville itself while the District's area covers over 364 Square miles and supports a student population, EC/K-12 grades, of about 635. The land surrounding Pittsville is mixed agricultural land used to raise livestock and crops as well as forest products. The primary industries around Pittsville include crop production, dairying, cranberry production and processing, forestry, trucking, modular home building, the paper industry and the businesses that support it.
The Pittsville School District is served by a five person School Board, a District Superintendent, an Elementary School Principal, a High School Principal, a Business Manager, a School Psychologist, a Technology Coordinator, a Building and Grounds Supervisor, and a full compliment of teachers and support staff. The school system is housed in two buildings: an Elementary School and a High School. Within the Elementary School is a Junior High, Middle School, and Primary School.