The Pittsville School District is pleased to announce our use of the Skylert/SchoolMessenger notification service. SchoolMessenger is a messaging system that allows the district to quickly send mass notifications to employees, parents and students. Skylert is a web portal that works through Skyward's Family Access to provide you with the means to manage your contact sources and choose how you will be contacted for a variety of purposes.
SchoolMessenger can provide you with information in three ways:
- Telephpne/Cell Phone
- Text Message
We will be using the system to let families know about emergency situations, weather related delays/cancellations, attendance records, low lunch account balances, changes to scheduled athletic and other events, and general information about up-coming events.
You can decide the contact method(s) by which you receive messages. Please note that while we are excited to offer a text messaging option, the district does not pay for any text message fees you may be charged by your cellular provider.
To check and update your Skylert contact information, login to your Family Access account, which you can access from the District web page*. Click on the Skylert option listed on the left hand side. Click Edit to make changes to the information or to change your preference of notification delivery. If you scroll down the page you will see all your contact information. You will also notice columns of check boxes with the following headings:
- Non-school Hours Emergency - for events that happen when school is not in session, such as school closings due to overnight snow storms.
- School Hours Emergency - for events that happen during the school day, such as early closings due to snow storms or other emergencies.
- Attendance - notifications will only be generated if your student has an unexcused absence for one or more periods during an instructional day. If your student is marked absent, a system generated attendance phone call will be sent between 9:00AM-9:30AM for elementary school students and between 5:30PM-6:30PM for high school students.
- General - for informational purposes only and will reference various district or school events and information.
- Survey - when we need your opinion on matters important to your school or the district. Will only be used occasionally.
You can add and remove checkmarks as you wish for the various types of contact calls, emails, or SMS text messages.
Even though you may have checked phone numbers to receive SMS text messages, you must also 'opt in' to receive the servcies for each number. For instructions on how to do this please CLICK HERE.
Please Note: Only the first guardian of the first family will be able to make changes to the information in the "Primary Guardian" area. However, all other guardians in the first family will be able to enter additional phone numbers and email addresses in all fields other than those in the "Primary Guardian" area.
If you do not know your Family Access login information or if you need more assistance with this issue please contact your child’s school: High School - 715-884-6412; Elementary School - 715-884-2517.
*The Family Access link can be found on our District Home Page at www.pittsville.k12.wi.us. From the district home page find the column of links on the left-hand side of the page. Hover your mouse over ‘Skyward’ and then click on the ‘Family & Student Access’ link from the pop-up menu.
Skylert is the result of a partnership between Skyward, the Student Information System (SIS) used by the District, and School Messenger. The integration between the two systems allows for automatic updates of student contact information every evening.