Available Positions Check back frequently for openings and updates
Administrative and Teaching Positions: Professional Staff applicants should apply through WECAN Network site
BUSINESS AND COMPUTER SCIENCE TEACHER (7-12)
Qualifications/Duties: This position is responsible for delivery of a challenging, relevant, and engaging curriculum to support student learning to 7-12 grade students. This position includes being part of the innovative PHS Career and Technical Education program. Other duties associated with this position include FBLA advisor. Previous high school teaching experience is preferred but not required. Coaching positions are available.
Certification: The preferred candidate will have a Business (1250) certification and Computer Science (1405) certification with the Department of Public Instruction (DPI).
Pittsville School District provides a comprehensive education to approximately 600 students in grades preK-12. Located in the exact center of Wisconsin, the District offers the serenity of a rural setting, with unlimited learning opportunities for our students through 1:1 technology in grades 4-12, distance learning, and virtual school classes. The Board of Education, staff, students, parents, and community members are committed to helping students discover their passions, achieve high academic goals, and contribute to a global society.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate:
• Successful development and implementation of Educator Effectiveness Criteria leading to measurable student growth via S.L.O. data.
• Commitment to establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with staff, students, and parents.
• Commitment to high expectations for student achievement.
• Commitment to continuous improvement through professional learning.
• Ability to innovate and differentiate instruction to engage all learners.
• Assessment- and data-driven instructional decisions making skills
• Ability to ensure a positive and supportive learning environment
• Desire and ability to work in a collaborative, student centered setting
• Strong interpersonal skills, including effective written and verbal communication with the ability to reflect and seek feedback.
Submit all materials through WECAN, including cover letter, resume, WECAN Employment Application, university transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a copy of current license(s)/certification(s).
Start Date: August 2016
Application Deadline: This position will remain open until the needs of the district are met.
FIRST GRADE TEACHER - Qualified applicants must hold a valid Wisconsin Elementary DPI teaching license.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess the following:
* A belief in the PLC Model approach to collaboration and student learning
* An understanding of RTI and the importance of data-driven instructional decisions
* Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction
* Use common core standards to plan instructional activities for students
* An understanding of PBIS and a willingness to use a team-based approach to reinforce school-wide guidelines and expectations
* Experience teaching literacy through guided reading, Lucy Calkins writer's workshop, and reader's workshop
* Has experience and/or understanding of differentiation
* A willingness to work collaboratively with small teams of teachers on school-wide initiatives
Coaching positions available: Girls Volleyball, Basketball and Softball.
Apply online through WECAN or send district application, resume, letter of application, three letters of recommendation, copy of DPI license, and credentials to School District of Pittsville, ATTN: Heather Friday, Elementary Principal, 5459 Elementary Avenue, Suite 1, Pittsville, WI 54466. Applications will be accepted until filled.
Support Staff Positions: Applicants should complete the paraprofessional application (below) and send to: School District of Pittsville, ATTN: Deb Zdun, 5459 Elementary Avenue, Suite 2, Pittsville, WI 54466.
Health Coordinator/Special Education Secretary/Administrative Secretary Position Description
Pittsville School District is seeking qualified applicants to coordinate the elementary school health care program, which includes first aid/emergency care to students, recordkeeping, communication to staff/students/families, dispensing medication, scheduling, screening, staff training, data processing, special education secretary duties, and adminstrative secretary duties.
Please send cover letter, resume, school transcripts, certifications, three letters of recommendation, and the district's paraprofessional employment application (below) to: School District of Pittsville, ATTN: Deb Zdun, 5459 Elementary Avenue, Suite 2, Pittsville, WI 54466. This position is full time, Monday through Friday (7:15 am to 3:45 pm). Application deadline: June 27, 2016.
Coaching Position: Please complete the Extra-Curricular Application (below) and return to: School District of PIttsville, ATTN: Deb Zdun, 5459 Elementary Avenue, Suite 2, Pittsville, WI 54466. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Substitute Teachers and Support Staff:
The School District of Pittsville is currently accepting applications for substitute assignments. A current WI DPI teaching certification is required. Applications are available on-line at www.pittsville.k12.wi.us.